WHAT DO I DO IF I GET STOPPED FOR A DUI?Posted: October 22, 2015
- Be polite and respectful.
- Produce your license and registration and proof of insurance when asked.
- Respectfully decline to answer any questions about how much alcohol you have consumed.
- Respectfully decline to perform a roadside sobriety test. Such as one leg stand or walking heel to toe.
- Respectfully decline to blow into any breath test at the traffic stop or at the jail.
- Understand that you will automatically lose your driver’s license when you refuse the breath test at the jail.
- Understand that you will spend about 18 hours in jail before being released.
- Understand that by following all of the above suggestions you exercising your 5th Amendment right to NOT GIVE the police any evidence which can be used against you later in court.
- Call an attorney. Allen Stoner 256-355-7670 immediately.