We don’t update our website as much as “they” say we should. Why? Because we are busy working for our clients! We are more interested in our clients than in social media or websites. Our website is to help you find us. We don’t spend a lot of time posting articles or information; we would rather meet you in person. When you need a lawyer, call Allen Stoner at 256-355-7670. We will give you all of our attention too!
- Be polite and respectful.
- Produce your license and registration and proof of insurance when asked.
- Respectfully decline to answer any questions about how much alcohol you have consumed.
- Respectfully decline to perform a roadside sobriety test. Such as one leg stand or walking heel to toe.
- Respectfully decline to blow into any breath test at the traffic stop or at the jail.
- Understand that you will automatically lose your driver’s license when you refuse the breath test at the jail.
- Understand that you will spend about 18 hours in jail before being released.
- Understand that by following all of the above suggestions you exercising your 5th Amendment right to NOT GIVE the police any evidence which can be used against you later in court.
- Call an attorney. Allen Stoner 256-355-7670 immediately.
IS YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD PREVENTING YOU FROM GETTING A JOB?
WE CAN HELP YOU EXPUNGE YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD.
A PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME MAY FILE A PETITION TO EXPUNGE RECORDS.
1.WHEN THE CHARGE IS DISMISSED INCLUDING DISMISSAL AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A DRUG COURT PROGRAM, MENTAL HEALTH COURT PROGRAM, DIVERSION PROGRAM, VETERAN’S COURT, OR ANY COURT-APPROVED DEFERRED PROSECUTION PROGRAM.
2.WHEN THE CHARGE HAS BEEN NO BILLED BY A GRAND JURY.
3.WHEN THE PERSON HAS BEEN FOUND NOT GUILTY OF THE CHARGE.
Decatur’s Arts & Entertainment District can be enjoyed by everyone. It has had a positive impact on the downtown community. However, there is an ordinance-a law- of which many people are not aware. A patron may hold only one alcoholic beverage at a time. Even if two people are walking together, each with an alcoholic beverage in hand and one has to stop to tie his/her shoe, he/she may not hand the drink to the other person to hold. He/she must set it down. This is the law. Now get out and enjoy Decatur’s A & E District, but only one drink at a time!