Call Attorney Allen Stoner at 256-355-7670 and get started on your Immigration Case today. In mid-January 2017 President Elect Trump will begin to change the immigration system. Call us now. We can help you.
The legislator from Aliceville is wrong on this! The owners and operators of many convenience stores (and small neighborhood groceries) today are first-generation US citizens or lawful permanent residents (green card holders) from the Middle East (Yemen, Palestinian, Iraq, etc.) and South Asia (India, Pakistan, etc.) 100+ years ago many new immigrants from South Europe (Italy, Greece, etc.) owned and operated small grocery stores and shops throughout America where there were large immigrant populations. That was the changing face of America then and this is the changing face of America now. Customs and traditions change with time including the faces of the local merchants from whom we buy. I have noticed the changes too and accepted it for what it is – the “face of America” depends on the perspective of the beholder. I’m sure the Dutch thought America was fine without the English who thought it was fine without the French who thought it was fine without the Germans who thought it was fine without the Poles, Russians, etc. who thought it was fine without the folks from the Far East (Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, etc.) and so on.
Now it is the people from the Middle East and South Asia whose faces we typically see behind the counter of these stores in many parts of rural Alabama/America. They generally represent Islamic and Hindu religious and cultural traditions which are vastly different from the Judeo-Christian traditions of us who are from European backgrounds. The only requirements of all people living in the USA: (1) accept the US Constitution as the supreme law of the land; (2) learn English b/c it is the common uniting language of this nation; and (3) assimilate into the American culture (we can do that while still honoring our ancestral heritage.) There is genuine concern by Americans about radical Islamic fundamentalism in the form of ISIS, Al Queda, etc., its infiltration into America (vis-a-vis immigrants unwilling to accept the US Constitution as the supreme law of the land versus Sharia law), domestic funding of such terrorist organizations, and destabilizing the American way of life.
Suggesting patrons of convenience stores look for the sign of the cross, fish or some other sign the owner/operator is a “God-fearing Christian” before shopping there is wrong. At best the legislator from Aliceville is misguided. At worst he is a demagogue trolling for votes. The 1st amendment to the US Constitution protects our freedom of speech. People in leadership positions are held to a higher standard when using that position to broadcast their opinions. Words can have consequences. Remember George Wallace?
- Be polite and respectful.
- Produce your license and registration and proof of insurance when asked.
- Respectfully decline to answer any questions about how much alcohol you have consumed.
- Respectfully decline to perform a roadside sobriety test. Such as one leg stand or walking heel to toe.
- Respectfully decline to blow into any breath test at the traffic stop or at the jail.
- Understand that you will automatically lose your driver’s license when you refuse the breath test at the jail.
- Understand that you will spend about 18 hours in jail before being released.
- Understand that by following all of the above suggestions you exercising your 5th Amendment right to NOT GIVE the police any evidence which can be used against you later in court.
- Call an attorney. Allen Stoner 256-355-7670 immediately.
IS YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD PREVENTING YOU FROM GETTING A JOB?
WE CAN HELP YOU EXPUNGE YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD.
A PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME MAY FILE A PETITION TO EXPUNGE RECORDS.
1.WHEN THE CHARGE IS DISMISSED INCLUDING DISMISSAL AFTER SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A DRUG COURT PROGRAM, MENTAL HEALTH COURT PROGRAM, DIVERSION PROGRAM, VETERAN’S COURT, OR ANY COURT-APPROVED DEFERRED PROSECUTION PROGRAM.
2.WHEN THE CHARGE HAS BEEN NO BILLED BY A GRAND JURY.
3.WHEN THE PERSON HAS BEEN FOUND NOT GUILTY OF THE CHARGE.
1. YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE U.S. FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS.
2. YOU HAVE CHILDREN WHO ARE U.S. CITIZENS OR WHO HAVE A GREEN CARD.
3. YOU PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
YOU RECEIVE TEMPORARY LEGAL STATUS AND WILL NOT BE DEPORTED.
YOU RECEIVE A WORK PERMIT.
CALL US AT 256-355-7670
ALLEN STONER, ATTORNEY, CAN HELP YOU!